Our 2018 Conference is coming up – 17-19 April 2018. We hope to see everyone there!
Tuesday 4/17 1:00 – 4:30 pm
Wednesday 4/18 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Thursday 4/19 8:30 am – 3:15 pm
We’ll have an official “Call to Conference” posted soon. For now, here are the agenda and the registration forms for Recorders and Vendors.
Call-to-Conference Letter from SBOA
Recorders: 2018 IRC Registration Form (fillable PDF); 2018 IRC Registration Form (MS Word)
Vendors: 2018 IRC Vendor Registration Form (fillable PDF); 2018 IRC Vendor Registration Form (MS Word)
Other things to note:
- We’ll be in class when check-in starts & check-out ends. Rest assured that the hotel will hold your luggage if needed.
- The class time is a little more this year
, but we cut out the Monday night reception. With the costs in Indianapolis being higher, we raised the fees for the conference.
- State Board of Accounts will be in attendance 2 of the 3 days (although it’s very brief on Tuesday). They are being very generous to allow us to claim 2/3 of expenses for a state-called meeting & the funds be taken from the General Fund. The other 1/3 will have to come from Elected Official Training or Recorder’s Perpetuation.
- The fees for the individual days are different because of the varying amount of food & other expenses necessary on those particular days. For example, Wednesday has 3 meals provided, so that is why the higher fee.
- If someone wants to bring their spouse or traveling companion to the Wednesday night dinner, they just need to pay the association $35.
In addition, here is some information about products we are donating to an organization that helps homeless people. You are not required to participate in giving to the homeless, but if you want to, they are asking for some specific items. The attachment shows the 4 products they are asking for. If you choose to donate, you can choose one of them or all of them. Bring them to conference & someone from the “Coalition for Homelessness Intervention and Prevention” will be set up to receive donations on Wednesday April 18th from 8:30 am – 1:00 pm.
Complete materials for conferences can be found on this page.